CCRCs and Independent Living Communities: Buying, Selling and Valuing
Thursday, June 23, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
CCRCs were perhaps the hardest hit seniors housing asset class during the Great Recession, but they have rebounded in both occupancy and cash flow. Independent living communities average higher national occupancy rates than assisted living, but development interest in the IL product has lagged behind that of assisted living and memory care. Independent living prices set new records in 2014 and demand is strong, but there is usually little supply in the acquisition market. Historically, a large portion of CCRCs sales have been distressed, but when the good ones come to market, they can be the most expensive seniors housing sales ever.
In this session you will see:
- Who wants to buy CCRCs.
- What differentiates an IL buyer from a CCRC buyer.
- Whether IL cap rates should be as low or lower than multifamily cap rates.
- How to value an entrance-fee CCRC vs. a rental CCRC.
- All things equal, whether a rental CCRC is more or less valuable than an entrance-fee CCRC.
- How important having assisted living and/or memory care in an IL community is.
- Whether it is just distressed CCRCs that are on the market and why.
- And much more!
PLUS… your chance to ask our panel of experts any questions about CCRCs and independent living communities.
COST: Buy now for $247 (a $50 savings until June 10) per dial-in connection.
REGISTER TODAY for this unique webinar and learn about CCRCs and independent living communities from our panel of leading industry experts — without ever having to leave your desk.
This educational offering is approved for 1.50 credit hours by the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB). Upon webinar approval and enrollee’s successful completion of the test, Irving Levin Associates, Inc. will issue a NAB certificate of completion for students to issue to their state licensure boards.