Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide.
Baxter is a leading manufacturer of plasma-based and recombinant proteins used to treat hemophilia. Other biopharmaceutical products include plasma-based therapies to treat immune disorders, alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency and other chronic blood-related conditions; biosurgery products for hemostasis, wound-sealing, and tissue regeneration; and vaccines. Baxter also is a leading manufacturer of manual and automated blood and blood-component separation and collection systems.
Baxter is a leading manufacturer of intravenous (IV) solutions and administration sets, premixed drugs and drug reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, electronic infusion pumps, and other products used to deliver fluids and drugs to patients. Baxter also provides IV nutrition solutions, containers and compounding systems and services; general anesthetic agents and critical care drugs; contract manufacturing services, and drug packaging and formulation technologies.
Baxter is a leading manufacturer of products for peritoneal dialysis (PD), a home therapy for people with end-stage renal disease, or irreversible kidney failure. These products include a range of PD solutions and related supplies to help patients safely perform solution exchanges, as well as automated PD cyclers that perform solution exchanges for patients overnight while they sleep. Baxter also distributes instruments and disposables, including dialyzers, for hemodialysis, generally conducted in a hospital or clinic.
With manufacturing operations in more than two dozen countries and sales operations all over the world, Baxter International gets more than half of its revenue outside the US. Continued international expansion is key to the company’s growth strategy. Baxter is particularly keen on the possibilities of growing sales of its renal products in developing countries.
Baxter Healthcare In The News
- Ping An Good Doctor’s Private Doctor service officially launched
- Humana completes $1B debt offering
- Concierge medical clinic slated for East Memphis
- PBN hosts Hawaii's Best Doctors reception: Slideshow
- California Northstate University hospital project seeks to sell up to $900 million in bonds
- HMSA reports $6.8M gain for Q2
- VA whistleblower protection office is a 'dumpster fire,' employee says
- Seema Verma: Officials 'actively engaged' in developing ACA replacement
- Eastern Montana's only psychiatrist is grappling with highest suicide rate in the country
- Privacy beyond HIPAA in voice technology