Chartwell Care Corporation was Canada’s largest third-party manager of seniors housing facilities. Founded in 1999, it had grown to over 40 facilities under management or development representing more than $500 million in assets.
Chartwell REIT has brought three successful companies (Chartwell, Alert Care Corporation and the Binions Companies) together to form Canada’s largest industry participant. Alert Care Corporation owned and operated over 30 facilities with additional facilities under development. Alert pioneered the light care retirement home concept, and has been a leader in introducing a number of innovations to the industry since 1985. The Binions Companies, founded in 1978, have extensive experience owning and managing long-term care facilities, and have grown to become the leading authority on long-term care in the country.
With an experienced management team and staff proven in all aspects of owning and operating seniors residential facilities, and a diversified portfolio of high-quality residences spanning the country and in select U.S. markets, Chartwell well-prepared to meet its customers’ every need.
Though home is where the heart is, senior citizens no longer able to live on their own should still be able to live well; at least, that’s what Chartwell proposes. Chartwell, a real estate investment trust (REIT) company, owns and manages nearly 200 senior housing properties with more than 25,000 suites across Canada and the US. Properties comprise independent living residences, retirement communities, and fully-assisted long-term care facilities. Chartwell is the largest owner and operator of senior housing facilities in Canada and the third largest overall in North America.
City: Mississauga, Ontario (Canada)
Chartwell Seniors Housing REIT In The News
- How 10 hospitals, health systems promote employee well-being
- In the wake of layoffs and cuts, Novartis doubles down on digital
- Report: VA turns to Apple to develop patient-facing mobile EHR
- Healthcare consulting strategies, misconceptions and more: Q&A with ECG Management Consultants President Steve Messinger
- Ascensia’s diabetes management app, glucometer integrate with Apple Health
- AI for precision medicine ‘top of mind’ in 5 years, health system execs say
- Teladoc’s revenue rises 62%, surpases $100M in Q3: 4 things to know
- Colorado hospital sees first ‘altruistic’ liver donor
- Takeda: Comisión Europea autoriza propuesta de compra de Shire plc
- Humana supports Florida seniors with Papa, Cognoa’s developmental tool screens for LEARN Behavioral, and more digital health deals