Chartwell Care Corporation was Canada’s largest third-party manager of seniors housing facilities. Founded in 1999, it had grown to over 40 facilities under management or development representing more than $500 million in assets.
Chartwell REIT has brought three successful companies (Chartwell, Alert Care Corporation and the Binions Companies) together to form Canada’s largest industry participant. Alert Care Corporation owned and operated over 30 facilities with additional facilities under development. Alert pioneered the light care retirement home concept, and has been a leader in introducing a number of innovations to the industry since 1985. The Binions Companies, founded in 1978, have extensive experience owning and managing long-term care facilities, and have grown to become the leading authority on long-term care in the country.
With an experienced management team and staff proven in all aspects of owning and operating seniors residential facilities, and a diversified portfolio of high-quality residences spanning the country and in select U.S. markets, Chartwell well-prepared to meet its customers’ every need.
Though home is where the heart is, senior citizens no longer able to live on their own should still be able to live well; at least, that’s what Chartwell proposes. Chartwell, a real estate investment trust (REIT) company, owns and manages nearly 200 senior housing properties with more than 25,000 suites across Canada and the US. Properties comprise independent living residences, retirement communities, and fully-assisted long-term care facilities. Chartwell is the largest owner and operator of senior housing facilities in Canada and the third largest overall in North America.
City: Mississauga, Ontario (Canada)
Chartwell Seniors Housing REIT In The News
- Cambridge Realty Capital Completes Illinois HUD Refinance
- CHS to divest 2 Arkansas hospitals
- UnitedHealth explores acquisition of Tenet’s Conifer business
- Man allegedly assaults nurse with bodily fluids, then claims to be HIV positive
- Can A Community Hospital Stick To Its Mission When It Goes For-Profit?
- Entercom Enters into Definitive Agreements to Acquire WBEB-FM 101.1 MORE FM and Divest WXTU-FM 92.5 FM in Philadelphia
- Asahi Kasei to Acquire Sage Automotive Interiors
- Hellman & Friedman Completes Acquisition of Financial Engines
- Comcast Corporation Statement on Twenty-First Century Fox
- MLG Blockchain and GB Capital Markets Form Joint Venture