Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries offers senior living communities and a range of services for children, youths, families, and older adults in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware, annually touching the lives of nearly 100,000 persons.
Its name meaning “one assigned by the church to minister to the needs of others,” Diakon was formed by the Jan. 1, 2000, affiliation of Tressler Lutheran Services of Mechanicsburg, Pa., and Lutheran Services Northeast—itself an affiliation between The Lutheran Home at Topton, Pa., and Lutheran Welfare Service of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Hazleton. With its deepest roots originating in 1868, Diakon’s history includes the legacy of service of such additional organizations as Lutheran Social Services of Maryland, Baltimore.
Working in 50 service centers and senior living communities in the tri-state area, some 2,300 Diakon staff members bring hope, hospitality, and healing to thousands of people every day.
Diakon, in fact, was created expressly to serve more people—a goal met nearly every year since its creation. Expanding such ministry is at the heart of the Diakon mission as the organization reaches out, as part of Lutheran Services in America and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, to serve those in need.
Phone Number: (610) 682-1262
Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries In The News
- 85,000 Kaiser Permanente workers to vote on giving union OK to call strike
- Deborah Vancleave on Mosaic's price transparency efforts
- H.I.G. Capital erwirbt eine Mehrheitsbeteiligung an Metalprint
- CMS releases Quality Payment Program results: 5 takeaways
- Alaska hospital to close: 3 things to know
- Maine medical center alerts patients of data breach
- Sintavia acquisisce QC Laboratories
- Lançamento da Stats Perform cria a mais importante empresa de IA e dados esportivos do mundo
- UnitedHealth needs to shore up mental health coverage, plaintiffs argue
- Livongo sets targets on IPO that could more than double its valuation