Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries offers senior living communities and a range of services for children, youths, families, and older adults in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware, annually touching the lives of nearly 100,000 persons.
Its name meaning “one assigned by the church to minister to the needs of others,” Diakon was formed by the Jan. 1, 2000, affiliation of Tressler Lutheran Services of Mechanicsburg, Pa., and Lutheran Services Northeast—itself an affiliation between The Lutheran Home at Topton, Pa., and Lutheran Welfare Service of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Hazleton. With its deepest roots originating in 1868, Diakon’s history includes the legacy of service of such additional organizations as Lutheran Social Services of Maryland, Baltimore.
Working in 50 service centers and senior living communities in the tri-state area, some 2,300 Diakon staff members bring hope, hospitality, and healing to thousands of people every day.
Diakon, in fact, was created expressly to serve more people—a goal met nearly every year since its creation. Expanding such ministry is at the heart of the Diakon mission as the organization reaches out, as part of Lutheran Services in America and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, to serve those in need.
Phone Number: (610) 682-1262
Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries In The News
- Fuji Oil Holding adquiere Blommer Chocolate
- Golden Gate Capital Acquires Active Minerals International
- Proposed framework lessens FDA’s regulatory requirements for prescription drug companion apps
- iHeartMedia to Acquire Jelli, Inc.
- Blommer Chocolate racheté par Fuji Oil Holding
- Convincing C-suite to fund cybersecurity
- Blommer Chocolate wird von Fuji Oil Holding übernommen
- Nuveen Closed-End Fund Merger Complete
- Riassunto: Blommer Chocolate verrà rilevata da Fuji Oil Holding
- Mercer Completes Acquisition of Summit Strategies Group