ENERGY STAR is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency.
The ENERGY STAR program was established by EPA in 1992, under the authority of the Clean Air Act Section 103(g). Section103(g) of the Clean Air Act directs the Administrator to “conduct a basic engineering research and technology program to develop, evaluate, and demonstrate non–regulatory strategies and technologies for reducing air pollution.” In 2005, Congress enacted the Energy Policy Act. Section 131 of the Act amends Section 324 (42 USC 6294) of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act, and “established at the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency a voluntary program to identify and promote energy–efficient products and buildings in order to reduce energy consumption, improve energy security, and reduce pollution through voluntary labeling of or other forms of communication about products and buildings that meet the highest energy efficiency standards.”
Under EPA’s leadership, American consumers, businesses, and organizations have made investments in energy efficiency that are transforming the market for efficient products and practices, creating jobs, and stimulating the economy. Now in its 20th year, the ENERGY STAR program has boosted the adoption of energy efficient products, practices, and services through valuable partnerships, objective measurement tools, and consumer education.
Energy Star In The News
- IAT Insurance Group Acquires Renewal Rights for Excess and Umbrella Book from Rockhill Insurance Group
- Crewe Capital Advises on the Sale of C-Slide to Liebman Group
- Pricing Age Into Seniors Housing Sales
- Bridge Lender Sells (And Finances) Philly-Area Community
- Kohlberg Announces Strategic Investment by Blackstone
- EP Minerals to be Acquired by U.S. Silica
- KKR-backed Emerald Media Acquires Significant Minority Stake in Global Sports Commerce
- James Hardie Expects to Complete Acquisition of Fermacell in Early April
- NIKE, Inc. Acquires Data Analytics Leader Zodiac
- Former ATA CEO co-heads new alliance for AI in healthcare