AEW Capital is one of the world’s largest real estate asset managers, with $76 billion of assets under management as of 30 September 2019. AEW has over 700 employees, with its main offices located in Boston, London, Paris, and Hong Kong, and offers a wide range of real estate investment products including comingled funds, separate accounts, and securities mandates across the full spectrum of investment strategies. AEW represents the real estate asset management platform of Natixis Investment Managers, one of the largest asset managers in the world.
AEW Capital Management, L.P., was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with other offices in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London, and Singapore.
Street: Two Seaport Lane
Zip Code: 02210-2021 Phone Number: 617-261-9000
Fax Number: 617-261-9555
AEW Capital Management in the News
- Capital Health Group and AEW Capital Management Sell Florida CommunitiesWe just learned of the sellers in Sino-Ocean Capital and Meridian Senior Living’s acquisition of two seniors housing communities in Florida. After funding the land acquisition and development of the two communities, Capital Health Group and AEW Capital Management are selling the properties for an undisclosed amount. The deal involved... Read more
- Cooper City Community Sold to Artemis Real Estate PartnersArtemis Real Estate Partners recently acquired a 120-unit assisted living/memory care community in Cooper City, Florida (Broward County) for approximately $37.5 million, or $312,500 per unit. AEW Capital Management was the seller, having purchased the original site in 2015 for $2.5 million and developed the community in 2017.... Read more
- Welltower Pays $100 Million-Plus for Denver CommunityWelltower has picked up a Denver, Colorado senior living property to the tune of $118 million, or roughly $581,000 per unit. Originally built by the seller, AEW, in late 2014 for approximately $74 million, the community featured 203 total units with a mix of independent living, assisted living... Read more
- CBRE Finances Change of Ownership at California CommunityJust over a year after opening, a 130-unit senior living community in Folsom, California (Sacramento MSA) has already stabilized, leaving one of its partners to look for an exit. A joint venture between developer Tenfold (formerly Shamrock Holdings), operator Artēgan and a global investment manager originally opened the... Read more
- Will New Records Be Set in 2018?On Thursday, February 15, our Editor Steve Monroe moderated a 90-minute webinar titled “Will New Records Be Set? The Numbers, the Deals, the Stats on all Seniors Housing and Care M&A,” with a panel of experts to discuss the 2017 seniors housing and care M&A market, with pricing... Read more