AEW Capital is one of the world’s largest real estate asset managers, with $76 billion of assets under management as of 30 September 2019. AEW has over 700 employees, with its main offices located in Boston, London, Paris, and Hong Kong, and offers a wide range of real estate investment products including comingled funds, separate accounts, and securities mandates across the full spectrum of investment strategies. AEW represents the real estate asset management platform of Natixis Investment Managers, one of the largest asset managers in the world.
AEW Capital Management, L.P., was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with other offices in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London, and Singapore.
Street: Two Seaport Lane
Zip Code: 02210-2021 Phone Number: 617-261-9000
Fax Number: 617-261-9555
AEW Capital Management in the News
- Welltower Continues To DivestFor news on Welltower’s leadership change, please watch “60 Seconds with Steve” above. The REIT did this week finally disclosed (what we broke last week) its $702 million sale of 11 senior living properties in California, Washington and Nevada to a joint venture between AEW Capital Management and Merrill Gardens, which has... Read more
- PGIM Real Estate Funds AEW/Merrill Gardens Portfolio PurchaseEarlier this week, we reported on the Welltower sale of 10 seniors housing communities to AEW Capital Management and Merrill Gardens Senior Living, and now we have learned that PGIM Real Estate provided the acquisition debt. The partnership buyer obtained a $460 million loan with a seven-year term. There is also a combination of fixed-rate and floating-rate terms. ... Read more
- Welltower Portfolio SoldSince last March, we have been wondering what happened to Welltower’s large sale of a prominent seniors housing operating portfolio of western senior living properties. It would have been the largest deal of the year so far at the original $740 million price, but it fell apart, as we... Read more
- Capital Health Group and AEW Capital Management Sell Florida CommunitiesWe just learned of the sellers in Sino-Ocean Capital and Meridian Senior Living’s acquisition of two seniors housing communities in Florida. After funding the land acquisition and development of the two communities, Capital Health Group and AEW Capital Management are selling the properties for an undisclosed amount. The deal involved... Read more
- Cooper City Community Sold to Artemis Real Estate PartnersArtemis Real Estate Partners recently acquired a 120-unit assisted living/memory care community in Cooper City, Florida (Broward County) for approximately $37.5 million, or $312,500 per unit. AEW Capital Management was the seller, having purchased the original site in 2015 for $2.5 million and developed the community in 2017.... Read more