Brookdale Senior Living Inc. is the leading operator of senior living communities throughout the United States and manages independent living, assisted living, memory care, and continuing care retirement communities.
Brookdale Senior Living In The News
- Is Brookdale Bottoming OutEven though Brookdale Senior Living reported its lowest census levels ever in February, the month-to-month declines were low and may signal a bottom soon. As most of you know, I have been pretty negative about where things were going last year, and how long it might take for... Read more
- Brookdale Selling Home Health & Hospice BusinessWhile not a surprise, since rumors had been floating around for a while, Brookdale Senior Living announced with its fourth quarter earnings that it has agreed to sell an 80% interest in its home health and hospice business (including its outpatient therapy business) to HCA Healthcare, the hospital giant. The sales... Read more
- Brookdale’s Census Continues To TumbleAlthough not unexpected, occupancy levels at Brookdale Senior Living have continued to decline, much like the rest of the industry. But with Brookdale, occupancy at the end of December had tumbled to 71.5%, a 160-basis point decline from the end of November. This was the worst month-to-month decline... Read more
- Will Brookdale Sell Its Home Health Business?Rumors were afloat this week that Brookdale Senior Living might be running a sales process for its home health and hospice business. Quietly, it became one of the largest home health providers in the country, with revenues of $447 million in 2019, inclusive of hospice and a very small therapy... Read more
- Occupancy at Brookdale Senior Living SlidesIn a sign of the times, tough times, Brookdale Senior Living just announced its November occupancy results, and the numbers are sobering. Average occupancy for the month was 72.8%, a drop of 100 basis points from October, which was double the October drop of “just” 50 basis points. That is... Read more