Based in Washington D.C., Capitol Seniors Housing is a private equity-backed real estate acquisition, development and investment management firm founded in 2003.
Capitol Seniors Housing In The News
- Capitol Seniors Housing Completes Hotel ConversionTwo years after acquiring a former hotel in Nassau County, New York, Capitol Seniors Housing has converted and reopened the property as a new full-service independent living community. Formerly a Residence Inn by Marriott, and now named The Residences at Plainview, the building underwent a full transformation (to the tune... Read more
- Blueprint’s April Activity ContinuesContinuing Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors’ busy deal activity in the last week, which included three skilled nursing closings on April 1st, the team of Amy Sitzman, Dan Mahoney and Blake Bozett sold a 36-unit assisted living community in Kennewick, Washington, in the eastern part of the state. Built in 1995 and... Read more
- Capitol Seniors Housing Flips Ann Arbor Assisted Living CommunityIt’s only been two years since Capitol Seniors Housing acquired a 75-unit assisted living/memory care community in Ann Arbor, Michigan, but the time has come to sell. Richard Swartz, Jay Wagner, Sam Dylag and Chris Remeika of Cushman & Wakefield found a buyer in Kayne Anderson Real Estate,... Read more
- Capitol Seniors Housing Opens High-End Maryland CommunityCapitol Seniors Housing just opened an assisted living/memory care community in the Baltimore area at a cost of $27.2 million, or nearly $325,000 per unit. Unique to the community (and probably pushed up its development cost) is its location adjacent to the 79-acre Waugh Chapel Towne Centre, which... Read more
- Capitol Seniors Housing Refinances California CommunityFive years on from its acquisition of an 83-unit senior living community in Tustin, California, Capitol Seniors Housing is refinancing the property with a $15 million loan secured by Aron Will, Austin Sacco and Adam Mincberg of CBRE National Senior Housing. Originally built in 1985, this community consists... Read more