CareTrust REIT, Inc. is a publicly-traded real estate investment company engaged in the acquisition, ownership and leasing of seniors housing and healthcare-related properties. In 2014 CareTrust was spun out of The Ensign Group, one of the country’s premier post-acute care and seniors housing providers.
CareTrust REIT In The News
- Walker & Dunlop Arranges Montana SNF SaleWalker & Dunlop announced its involvement in the sale of two skilled nursing facilities in Montana to CareTrust REIT. We recently covered the transaction, which represented CareTrust’s first since the pandemic began earlier this year. The facilities include Apple Rehab Cooney, an 80-bed facility located on the campus of the St. Peter’s Health Regional Medical... Read more
- CareTrust REIT Adds Two Montana SNFsOne of the more consistently active acquirers in the skilled nursing market is back. CareTrust REIT just made its first post-COVID acquisitions for two skilled nursing facilities in Montana. The off-market transaction consisted of Apple Rehab Cooney, an 80-bed facility located on the campus of the St. Peter’s Health Regional... Read more
- Evans Senior Investments Completes CareTrust’s Metron Michigan ExitEvans Senior Investments has done it again, announcing the closing of a skilled nursing portfolio sale in the state of Michigan just a couple of days after another SNF sale in Rhode Island. The deal first rose to the surface in November 2019, when the seller, CareTrust REIT, announced the... Read more
- CareTrust REIT’s Bountiful AcquisitionCareTrust REIT just bought an assisted living community in Bountiful, Utah, leasing it to Bayshire LLC, which will take over operations going forward. Built in 1999, the 62-unit community is well situated on the campus of Lake View Hospital, an affiliate of MountainStar Healthcare and HCA Healthcare. It was previously owned by the not-for-profit South Davis Community Hospital Campus, but was sold... Read more
- The Ensign Group Strikes AgainEnsign the Energizer Bunny, our pet name for several years now for one of two publicly traded companies that continue to make a GAAP profit, quarter after quarter, did it again. And they did it during what could have been a disruptive third quarter when they spun out... Read more