In 1999 a small group founded The Ensign Group with the vision “to dignify long-term care in the eyes of the world.” They sacrificed much to bring their vision to pass — living off of personal savings and credit cards for many months until earnings from their first skilled nursing acquisitions began to trickle in. From those humble beginings, Ensign has written an impressive growth story during a period of change, headwinds, and uncertainty. As of May 1, 2014, Ensign owned, leased, or operated 122 skilled nursing, assisted living, and independent living facilities, 11 home health and 9 hospice agencies, 13 urgent care clinics, and a mobile diagnostics company in 11 states west of the Mississippi.
CareTrust REIT was formed on June 1 through a tax-free REIT spin-off of 97 Ensign-owned properties.
We are operators at heart and bring the lessons we learned along the way from being a small operator to one of the country’s most successful, publicly traded, multi-state operators. That history shapes our approach today. We are looking to be that partner that Ensign needed to grow early on. For us, of course the real estate matters. But, we also know just how vital the operator is to the value of that real estate.
City: San Clemente
CareTrust REIT In The News
- Hospital opioid shortage could leave terminal patients in pain, cancer physician says
- How Mass General is using an automated system to identify patients at risk for pneumonia
- Epic’s other class-action lawsuit may be dismissed in wake of Supreme Court ruling
- 1 in 3 healthcare organizations have suffered a cyberattack, 1 in 10 paid ransom: 6 things to know
- 20 hospitals hiring nurses
- Always remember the ‘why’ of your projects — 3 thoughts from nursing informatics pro Deborah Chasco
- DEINOVE: General Meeting of May 23: Shareholders Approve the Acquisition of MORPHOCHEM
- DEINOVE : ASSEMBLÉE GÉNÉRALE DU 23 MAI : LES ACTIONNAIRES APPROUVENT L’ACQUISITION DE MORPHOCHEM
- ACG Materials Announces Acquisition of Kitsap Reclamation and Materials
- Hasbro’s Joy for All Brand Acquired by Management-Led Group to Focus on Increasing Impact in the Older Adult Market