CareTrust REIT, Inc. is a publicly-traded real estate investment company engaged in the acquisition, ownership and leasing of seniors housing and healthcare-related properties. In 2014 CareTrust was spun out of The Ensign Group, one of the country’s premier post-acute care and seniors housing providers.
CareTrust REIT In The News
- Evans Senior Investments Completes CareTrust’s Metron Michigan ExitEvans Senior Investments has done it again, announcing the closing of a skilled nursing portfolio sale in the state of Michigan just a couple of days after another SNF sale in Rhode Island. The deal first rose to the surface in November 2019, when the seller, CareTrust REIT, announced the... Read more
- CareTrust REIT’s Bountiful AcquisitionCareTrust REIT just bought an assisted living community in Bountiful, Utah, leasing it to Bayshire LLC, which will take over operations going forward. Built in 1999, the 62-unit community is well situated on the campus of Lake View Hospital, an affiliate of MountainStar Healthcare and HCA Healthcare. It was previously owned by the not-for-profit South Davis Community Hospital Campus, but was sold... Read more
- The Ensign Group Strikes AgainEnsign the Energizer Bunny, our pet name for several years now for one of two publicly traded companies that continue to make a GAAP profit, quarter after quarter, did it again. And they did it during what could have been a disruptive third quarter when they spun out... Read more
- The Pennant Group DebutThe Pennant Group is The Ensign Group‘s latest spin off. If history repeats itself, the new company will succeed. It has been three weeks since The Pennant Group was spun out of The Ensign Group as a separate publicly traded company. This is not Ensign’s first rodeo when... Read more
- CareTrust REIT’s Central Valley ExpansionCareTrust REIT made a major expansion into California’s Central Valley, acquiring two senior care facilities in a pair of off-market transactions. The targets were a 70-bed skilled nursing facility in Modesto, and a senior care campus in Sacramento with 99 skilled nursing bed and 72 assisted living units.... Read more