Freddie Mac is a stockholder-owned corporation chartered by Congress in 1970 to create a continuous flow of funds to mortgage lenders in support of homeownership and rental housing. The company supports the acquisition, refinance, rehabilitation and construction of apartment communities across America through the following products and services: Seniors housing mortgages including seniors apartments, independent living and assisted living communities.
Freddie Mac In The News
- Berkadia Refinances Wisconsin Seniors Housing CommunityBerkadia took out bank debt on a seniors housing community in Appleton, Wisconsin with a new Freddie Mac financing. Chris Cain arranged the transaction on behalf of the community’s Oregon-based owner/operator, Touchmark. In operation for around 40 years, the community provides independent living, assisted living and memory care services, which were added... Read more
- Greystone Finances AL/MC Community Through Freddie MacGreystone’s Seniors Housing Capital Markets team recently provided a $27 million Freddie Mac loan to refinance an assisted living/memory care community in the southwestern United States. Featuring 69 units, it is owned by Harbert Seniors Housing Fund I and operated by an experienced seniors housing provider. The loan came with a 10-year... Read more
- Northmarq Refinances Washington State Seniors HousingNorthmarq’s Stuart Oswald, senior vice president and managing director of the firm’s Seattle office, arranged a $35 million refinance of a 136-unit senior living community in Tacoma, Washington. Built in phases from the 1980s to the 1990s, the community provides independent living, assisted living and memory care services in... Read more
- PGIM Closes Freddie Mac Financing For Colorado CommunityA Denver-area senior living community refinanced with a Freddie Mac loan arranged by PGIM Real Estate. Spectrum Retirement Communities developed the community in 2009 and has been operating it ever since. It currently features 130 independent living, 60 assisted living and 18 memory care units. Amenities include a... Read more
- Bellwether Enterprise Secures Freddie Mac FinancingBellwether Enterprise Real Estate Capital closed a cash-out refinance for a large active adult community in Placentia, California. Owned and operated by Mesa Management, Emerald Isle features a total of 422 units, with both one- and two-bedroom options ranging in size from 588 to 1,128 square feet. There are... Read more