Freddie Mac is a stockholder-owned corporation chartered by Congress in 1970 to create a continuous flow of funds to mortgage lenders in support of homeownership and rental housing. The company supports the acquisition, refinance, rehabilitation and construction of apartment communities across America through the following products and services: Seniors housing mortgages including seniors apartments, independent living and assisted living communities.
Freddie Mac In The News
- Bellwether Enterprise Secures Freddie Mac FinancingBellwether Enterprise Real Estate Capital closed a cash-out refinance for a large active adult community in Placentia, California. Owned and operated by Mesa Management, Emerald Isle features a total of 422 units, with both one- and two-bedroom options ranging in size from 588 to 1,128 square feet. There are... Read more
- CBRE Returns to Harleysville for Supplemental Freddie Mac FinancingFresh off their closing of a portfolio financing for three California senior living communities owned by Carlton Senior Living, the CBRE team of Aron Will, Austin Sacco and Tim Root has closed another transaction, this time across the country in Harleysville, Pennsylvania. Mr. Will was already familiar with... Read more
- CBRE Closes Financing For Carlton Senior Living PortfolioThe CBRE team has certainly kept busy lately, closing a number of transactions since the outbreak of COVID-19 including a $200+ million cash-out refinance of three luxury senior living communities in lease-up, a non-recourse construction loan for a to-be-built community in California, and four agency loan closings. More... Read more
- M&T Realty Refinances Seattle-Area Senior LivingM&T Realty Capital Corporation closed the refinance of an 87-unit seniors housing community in the Seattle suburb of Bothell, Washington. Managing Director Steve Muth, in collaboration with Christopher Tesla in M&T’s Seattle office, went through Freddie Mac’s OptigoSM program, which provides cash loans, bond credit enhancements, tax-exempt loans,... Read more
- Berkadia Brings on the FinancingsBerkadia announced an impressive array of financings it closed in the past three months, ranging from HUD mortgages, to Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac deals and a couple of bridge loans, all totaling nearly $160 million in volume. The largest deal was a $107.6 million Fannie Mae master credit facility... Read more