Genesis HealthCare Corporation (GHC) is a provider of healthcare and support services to the elderly in the United States. GHC is also one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation therapy providers.
Genesis HealthCare in the News
- The Ups and Downs of Genesis HealthcareTwo weeks ago, we reported on the restructuring that is taking place at Genesis Healthcare, with the infusion of new capital that will eventually take this new investor to a fully diluted ownership interest in excess of 40%. That news sent the share price tumbling 47% to a low... Read more
- Blueprint Announces Two SNF DealsTwo Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors teams helped a couple of institutional owners divest or find new tenants for their senior care assets. Michael Segal and Gideon Orion first represented a REIT in the re-leasing of its 143-bed skilled nursing facility in San Antonio, Texas. Built in 1967 about 15... Read more
- Vermont Portfolio Sale Funded By Oxford FinanceOxford Finance announced its involvement in the sale of a five-skilled nursing facility portfolio in Vermont, which was revealed last month. To support the $46.6 million purchase price, Oxford provided a $44.6 million credit facility and revolving line of credit to the buyer, MDA Capital Group, LLC. Four... Read more
- Brookdale, Genesis Report Tough QuartersBrookdale Senior Living and Genesis HealthCare, the two largest providers, were not spared from COVID’s devastation in the second quarter. The two largest providers in their respective sectors, Brookdale Senior Living in seniors housing and Genesis HealthCare in skilled nursing, did not escape COVID’s wrath. No one expected they... Read more
- Genesis HealthCare’s Shares Double in ValueLeading up to Genesis HealthCare’s first quarter earnings release and conference call, the company’s share price took off. The rise started on May 22 when it jumped by 22% on high volume, but then it added another 35% on volume that was 10 times the average. In the... Read more