Founded in 1935, HJ Sims is a leading national underwriter of tax-exempt bonds for senior housing and long-term care providers. Sims underwrote the first tax-exempt long-term care bond issue in the United States in 1965 and has since provided more than $15 billion in bond and bank financings to senior living providers.
HJ Sims In The News
- HJ Sims Closes Bank Financing for Not-For-Profit’s Independent Living ExpansionThanks to a two-part bank financing arranged by HJ Sims, not-for-profit Presbyterian SeniorCare Network (PSCN) will open a new independent living community in North Strabane Township, Pennsylvania, adding to its significant presence in the western part of the state. PSCN, which already provides senior care services to over... Read more
- HJ Sims Funds CCRC Expansion Project in North CarolinaHJ Sims has a long history with the SearStone Retirement Community, a CCRC in Cary, North Carolina, and recently closed another financing for the property. Sponsored by Samaritan Housing, Inc., the community currently consists of 131 independent living units, 38 IL estate homes, 14 assisted living units and 25 skilled... Read more
- CBRE Secures Acquisition Financing For HJ Sims/Voralto Living PurchaseThe CBRE National Senior Housing team arranged acquisition financing for a North Texas assisted living/memory care community. A joint venture between HJ Sims and Voralto Living was the buyer, obtaining a four-year, floating-rate loan with 24 months of interest only from a national bank. Featuring 60 units, the community was... Read more
- HJ Sims Expands Its Investment Banking TeamHJ Sims announced a major expansion to its Investment Banking Team, adding two senior bankers and opening new offices in the Midwest and on the West Coast. Lynn Daly joined the firm as Executive Vice President in the new Chicago location, bringing over 30 years of experience working... Read more
- HJ Sims Secures Bond Financing for Tennessee CCRCA new life plan community (or continuing care retirement community, as we still call them) is going up in Collierville, Tennessee (Memphis MSA) thanks to a large $219.25 million bond placement arranged by HJ Sims. Situated on 36 acres with 176 independent living apartments, 63 independent living garden... Read more