Founded in 1935, HJ Sims is a leading national underwriter of tax-exempt bonds for senior housing and long-term care providers. Sims underwrote the first tax-exempt long-term care bond issue in the United States in 1965 and has since provided more than $15 billion in bond and bank financings to senior living providers.
HJ Sims In The News
- HJ Sims Refinances Two Senior Care CommunitiesHJ Sims closed a small loan for a seniors housing community in Kansas City, Missouri, and provided ownership with about $61,000 in annual debt service savings as a result. The 81-unit community caters to low-income seniors and was in need of some repairs. Also, real estate taxes had... Read more
- HJ Sims Secures Financing For CCRC ExpansionWe mentioned last week that the lending market for not-for-profit CCRCs has been quite active, particularly to fund expansion projects, and another one was announced by HJ Sims. Sims raised $38.18 million for Presbyterian Villages of Michigan (PVM), a Michigan-based not-for-profit that has been operating since 1945. Sims’ relationship with PVM began... Read more
- Sinai Residences of Boca Raton Embarks on IL ExpansionSinai Residences of Boca Raton, a 366-bed/unit CCRC in southeast Florida managed by Life Care Services, obtained a large bond financing to fund an independent living expansion that will grow its IL offering by nearly 50%. Just four years ago, the community opened with 234 independent living units,... Read more
- HJ Sims Finds Bank Financing for Philly CCRCWorking on behalf of a large CCRC in northeast Philadelphia, HJ Sims helped arrange a bank financing through the community’s existing banking partner. Philadelphia Protestant Home (PPH) currently consists of 266 independent living units, 175 personal care units and a 126-bed skilled nursing facility. Ownership had been funding... Read more
- HJ Sims Closes Bank Financing for Not-For-Profit’s Independent Living ExpansionThanks to a two-part bank financing arranged by HJ Sims, not-for-profit Presbyterian SeniorCare Network (PSCN) will open a new independent living community in North Strabane Township, Pennsylvania, adding to its significant presence in the western part of the state. PSCN, which already provides senior care services to over... Read more