Founded in 1935, HJ Sims is a leading national underwriter of tax-exempt bonds for senior housing and long-term care providers. Sims underwrote the first tax-exempt long-term care bond issue in the United States in 1965 and has since provided more than $15 billion in bond and bank financings to senior living providers.
HJ Sims In The News
- Long Island Development Obtains Bond FinancingHJ Sims secured more than $100 million in tax-exempt bond debt for a brand-new independent living community adjacent to Gurwin Healthcare System’s skilled nursing facility and assisted living community in Commack, New York. When completed, the new IL building will transform the whole campus to a full-fledged CCRC, the fourth... Read more
- HJ Sims Helps Finance Houston-Area CommunityA to-be-built seniors housing community in Houston, Texas just received non-recourse PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy, not the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) financing, courtesy of HJ Sims. Consisting of 74 assisted living units, 22 memory care units and 12 independent living cottages, the community is... Read more
- HJ Sims Handles CCRC Bond RefinanceHJ Sims worked on behalf of The Bethel Methodist Home, a not-for-profit CCRC in Valhalla, New York, to refinance the property’s existing acquisition bonds. Opening in 2002 and offering a continuum of services from independent living to skilled nursing, the property experienced financial difficulty during the Great Recession... Read more
- HJ Sims Closes Two Bond FinancingsWe wrote last month about the general health of the CCRC market and the numerous expansion projects either breaking ground or opening even during a pandemic. Another CCRC is expanding its services thanks to a large bond financing closed by the team at HJ Sims. Jefferson’s Ferry in Brookhaven,... Read more
- South Florida CCRC Funds Multi-Phase Expansion ProjectHJ Sims secured long-term, fixed-rate bond financing for a CCRC in Pompano Beach, Florida (Fort Lauderdale MSA). Set on 70 acres, not-for-profit John Knox Village has been serving the local community for more than 50 years. It features nearly 1,000 units of mostly independent living, with a 64-unit assisted living community... Read more