National Health Investors, Inc. (NHI) is a real estate investment trust that specializes in the purchase and leaseback of health care real estate and in making of mortgage loans to health care operators.
National Health Investors, Inc. In The News
- National Health Investors Beats the OddsSometimes the regular, tried and true sale/leaseback arrangements that used to be the mainstay of REIT financing still work. Just ask National Health Investors (NHI). After reading some of the depressing second quarter earnings releases, some more than others, it was a bit refreshing to see that NHI reported an... Read more
- National Health Investors Secures Big Bank FinancingUtilizing its bank relationships, National Health Investors boosted its liquidity with a $100 million term loan provided by a syndicate of eight banks. The one-year loan came with an interest rate of 30-day LIBOR + 1.85%, with a 0.50% floor. NHI also has the right to extend the maturity date... Read more
- Seniors Housing Occupancy Slides Further, But SlowerWell, it shouldn’t have surprised anyone, but occupancy levels for stabilized independent living and assisted living continued their drop in the month of May, according to NIC MAP. Across the country’s 31 largest metropolitan areas, assisted living properties first fell by 170 basis points from 87.8% in March... Read more
- National Health Investors: What Pandemic?It seems that National Health Investors is doing just fine during this pandemic, as are its operators, apparently. The Tennessee-based REIT reported that it has collected 99.7% of its contractual rent in April, 100% in May, and so far, 99.4% in June. That should make shareholders feel pretty good right... Read more
- CCRCs Are Not Dead, and Happy New YearTwo recent CCRC sales prove the point that this market can thrive. You know one of my favorite refrains by now. CCRCs are not dead. And two recent transactions prove my point. At the end of December, David Reis and his Senior Care Development, together with their equity... Read more