Omega HealthCare Investors, Inc. (NYSE:OHI) is a Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”) providing financing and capital to the long-term healthcare industry with a particular focus on skilled nursing facilities located in the United States.
Omega Healthcare Investors In The News
- Blueprint Finds New Tenant for Kansas City-Area SNFWorking on behalf of a REIT landlord, Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors found a new tenant for a 140-bed skilled nursing facility in Liberty, Missouri (Kansas City MSA). Built in 1971 with all semi-private units, the facility was approximately 80% occupied. Cash flow was also near stable levels,... Read more
- Can We Be Inspired?High-end urban senior living may be the next big thing, but it will not be cheap. So, I was on a train Monday heading out of New York City and I looked up and saw an ad on the wall with a big “Senior Living” in the middle.... Read more
- Diversicare Healthcare Services Trending Dangerously LowShareholders of Diversicare Healthcare Services have been pummeled recently, with the share price down about 65% in the past 12 months, and down 40% since July 1. Not what shareholders want to see, especially with the markets as strong as they have been (with the frequent hiccups, of... Read more
- Earnings Announcements Feature Major M&A MovesThe mid-summer M&A doldrums abruptly ended this year with the earnings announcements from the publicly traded REITs. They started with Welltower, which announced its $1.8 billion Benchmark Senior Living portfolio sale (for 48 properties) and several major portfolio acquisitions with existing partners Sunrise Senior Living and Discovery Senior... Read more
- Omega Healthcare Investors Snags Small REITOmega agrees to buy MedEquities Realty Trust in a cash and stock deal worth $632 million plus assumed debt. I hope everyone had a good break these past few days. Everyone, that is, except the folks at Omega Healthcare Investors and MedEquities Realty Trust (MRT). Omega announced today... Read more