Omega HealthCare Investors, Inc. (NYSE:OHI) is a Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”) providing financing and capital to the long-term healthcare industry with a particular focus on skilled nursing facilities located in the United States.
Omega Healthcare Investors In The News
- Blueprint Handles Sentara Healthcare’s SNF ExitWe covered Virginia-based hospital system Sentara Healthcare’s exit from the skilled nursing business in September and recently learned of Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors’ involvement in the deal. Sentara’s exit was brought about because of its planned merger with North Carolina-based Cone Health; however, the combined business will still maintain... Read more
- Ensign Acquires Former Omega Healthcare Investors SNFThe Ensign Group acquired a skilled nursing facility in Amarillo, Texas, picking up both the real estate and operations in the deal. Featuring 82 beds, the facility was formerly owned by Omega Healthcare Investors, which acquired it in a portfolio deal in June 2010. It was part of... Read more
- Revenue Write-Downs for Omega, and Maybe SabraOn back-to-back days last week, both Omega Healthcare Investors and Sabra Health Care REIT provided investors with updates on their revenue recognition accounting policies for the same two tenants, Genesis Healthcare and Agemo Holdings (dba Signature Healthcare). While the news sounded ominous, it was not entirely unexpected. Both operators have announced that there is a question as to... Read more
- Blueprint Finds New Tenant for Kansas City-Area SNFWorking on behalf of a REIT landlord, Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors found a new tenant for a 140-bed skilled nursing facility in Liberty, Missouri (Kansas City MSA). Built in 1971 with all semi-private units, the facility was approximately 80% occupied. Cash flow was also near stable levels,... Read more
- Can We Be Inspired?High-end urban senior living may be the next big thing, but it will not be cheap. So, I was on a train Monday heading out of New York City and I looked up and saw an ad on the wall with a big “Senior Living” in the middle.... Read more