Ventas, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading healthcare real estate investment trusts (REITs). Furthermore, Ventas finances, owns, and leases healthcare related and senior housing facilities.
Ventas, Inc. In The News
- Ventas Seeking Investment PartnersIn what we would call a change in strategy for a healthcare REIT, Ventas is launching a new “growth platform,” called the Ventas Life Science and Healthcare Real Estate Fund, L.P. They are calling it a “perpetual life vehicle” that will focus its investments in core and core-plus life science, medical office... Read more
- Blueprint Handles Two More REIT SalesThe closings keep coming from Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors, as the firm has announced a series of acquisitions in the last couple weeks of the year, mainly for publicly-traded REIT clients. Ben Firestone, Michael Segal, Alex Florea and Scott Frazier first teamed up to sell an assisted... Read more
- Dissecting the Jump in Average Assisted Living ValuesIt’s amazing the difference that one deal can make. We are talking about Welltower’s $1.76 billion sale of its entire Benchmark Senior Living portfolio to KKR and its impact on the average private per assisted living unit sold in the most recent four quarters. That sale, which came... Read more
- Ventas Reports Third Quarter ResultsVentas’ third quarter results are in and were less than optimal for its seniors housing operating portfolio (SHOP). Comparing the third quarter of 2019 with the same quarter in 2018, same-store cash NOI for its SHOP fell by 5.0%. Occupancy figures were not pretty either, with the quarter... Read more
- Oxford Living Acquires Another Ontario PortfolioInstitutional investment and development firm Oxford Capital Group, together with its joint venture partner, has made a large investment in the Canadian seniors housing sector, acquiring a portfolio of six private pay communities located throughout Ontario. These communities provide both independent living and supportive living services throughout the... Read more