Welltower delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the hospital. Their business is centered on a relationship-based investing platform. Welltower provides real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers and health systems.
Welltower offers consistent, efficient capital. Their portfolio creates the opportunity to connect partners across the continuum of care and drive efficiency, and their experienced team offers unique insights that lead to superior operating strategies.
Providing high-quality and affordable health care to an aging global population requires vast investments and infrastructure development. The devastating impact of dementia on people and their families demands new solutions. Together with their operating partners, Welltower is answering the challenge.
Welltower in the News
- Welltower Still Sees OpportunityWe all know that Welltower has been selling a few billion of seniors housing assets just like Healthpeak Properties has. But the difference is that Welltower is still buying. Not only that, they picked up a 790-unit portfolio operated by Harbor Retirement Associates for $132 million, or $167,000 per unit. The seller? Healthpeak (see story above). Even... Read more
- The Welltower Census DeclineWelltower‘s seniors housing partners continue to suffer from census declines and operating costs. We do appreciate the transparency that Welltower has been providing investors, but boy does it provide a window onto what is happening. In its monthly update, Welltower informed us that it suffered its worst monthly... Read more
- Blueprint Announces Two SNF DealsTwo Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors teams helped a couple of institutional owners divest or find new tenants for their senior care assets. Michael Segal and Gideon Orion first represented a REIT in the re-leasing of its 143-bed skilled nursing facility in San Antonio, Texas. Built in 1967 about 15... Read more
- Newmark Sells Major SNF PortfolioLast week we wrote that Newmark (formerly Newmark Knight Frank) was going to have a big fourth quarter. And they have, with five sales transactions worth well in excess of $400 million, plus a few financings, and we still have a few weeks to go before the end of the... Read more
- Newmark Strikes Again, and AgainWe had reported a few months ago that Newmark (formerly Newmark Knight Frank) was going to have a big fourth quarter. And they have, with five sales transactions worth well in excess of $400 million, plus a few financings, and we still have a few weeks to go before the... Read more