Welltower delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the hospital. Their business is centered on a relationship-based investing platform. Welltower provides real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers and health systems.
Welltower offers consistent, efficient capital. Their portfolio creates the opportunity to connect partners across the continuum of care and drive efficiency, and their experienced team offers unique insights that lead to superior operating strategies.
Providing high-quality and affordable health care to an aging global population requires vast investments and infrastructure development. The devastating impact of dementia on people and their families demands new solutions. Together with their operating partners, Welltower is answering the challenge.
Welltower in the News
- Welltower Obtains Cheap CapitalThere has been a lot of noise over the past year about the debt markets being “closed,” or partially so, spreads widening, terms tightening and lenders not wanting to venture into loans with new borrowers. And, we have to mention, Treasury rates have risen significantly, with the 10-year... Read more
- Walker & Dunlop Arranges Several SalesThe Walker & Dunlop Investment Sales team, including Joshua Jandris, Mark Myers, Brett Gardner and Jordyn Berger, is off to a good start to their year, already announcing a few closings with another four set to close in the next six weeks. In total, the team has about... Read more
- Genesis to be Delisted After Welltower SplitWhen Genesis HealthCare announced last year that it may not make it in the following 12 months, you knew something had to be done. And then at the beginning of this year when its longstanding CEO, George Hager, departed, you knew that replacing one person with another was just not... Read more
- Welltower Still Sees OpportunityWe all know that Welltower has been selling a few billion of seniors housing assets just like Healthpeak Properties has. But the difference is that Welltower is still buying. Not only that, they picked up a 790-unit portfolio operated by Harbor Retirement Associates for $132 million, or $167,000 per unit. The seller? Healthpeak (see story above). Even... Read more
- The Welltower Census DeclineWelltower‘s seniors housing partners continue to suffer from census declines and operating costs. We do appreciate the transparency that Welltower has been providing investors, but boy does it provide a window onto what is happening. In its monthly update, Welltower informed us that it suffered its worst monthly... Read more