Formation Capital is an equity investment and asset management company in the senior housing and care industry.
Formation Capital In The News
- Cornerstone Healthcare Files For Bankruptcy ProtectionCornerstone Healthcare, an operator of skilled nursing facilities in the Pacific Northwest, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The CEO, Will Masterson, announced the reorganization in a statement filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Washington that listed lender and lessor issues as the reason for... Read more
- Live Oak Bank Flourishes This SummerShowing off its versatility, Live Oak Bank facilitated acquisition financing for two separate, and very different, transactions. First, the bank provided a cash flow balance sheet loan to support a partner buy-out at Frontier Management. Formation Capital had owned a 50% stake in the senior living operator, but... Read more
- Major Moves at HealthTrustNational appraisal and advisory firm HealthTrust has had a busy month. On March 1, they closed on the purchase of the assets of the company from Sabra Health HealthCare REIT, which took over ownership as part of Sabra’s acquisition of Care Capital Properties last year. Care Capital had... Read more
- HCP In Hot Water AgainWe are sure that management at HCP, Inc. is happy that they spun out the HCR ManorCare assets to a new REIT, since they have not had to deal with the continuing rent shortfall, which started when HCP still owned the assets. The post HCP In Hot Water... Read more
- HC-One Becomes Largest Provider in UKIt has been a few months since it was announced that Justin Hutchens would leave HCP, Inc. and join UK-based HC-One as its new CEO. That transition is expected to take place on October 1, and he will certainly have his hands full when he takes over from... Read more