Founded in 1935, HJ Sims is a leading national underwriter of tax-exempt bonds for senior housing and long-term care providers. Sims underwrote the first tax-exempt long-term care bond issue in the United States in 1965 and has since provided more than $15 billion in bond and bank financings to senior living providers.
HJ Sims In The News
- Sinai Residences of Boca Raton Embarks on IL ExpansionSinai Residences of Boca Raton, a 366-bed/unit CCRC in southeast Florida managed by Life Care Services, obtained a large bond financing to fund an independent living expansion that will grow its IL offering by nearly 50%. Just four years ago, the community opened with 234 independent living units,... Read more
- HJ Sims Finds Bank Financing for Philly CCRCWorking on behalf of a large CCRC in northeast Philadelphia, HJ Sims helped arrange a bank financing through the community’s existing banking partner. Philadelphia Protestant Home (PPH) currently consists of 266 independent living units, 175 personal care units and a 126-bed skilled nursing facility. Ownership had been funding... Read more
- HJ Sims Closes Bank Financing for Not-For-Profit’s Independent Living ExpansionThanks to a two-part bank financing arranged by HJ Sims, not-for-profit Presbyterian SeniorCare Network (PSCN) will open a new independent living community in North Strabane Township, Pennsylvania, adding to its significant presence in the western part of the state. PSCN, which already provides senior care services to over... Read more
- HJ Sims Funds CCRC Expansion Project in North CarolinaHJ Sims has a long history with the SearStone Retirement Community, a CCRC in Cary, North Carolina, and recently closed another financing for the property. Sponsored by Samaritan Housing, Inc., the community currently consists of 131 independent living units, 38 IL estate homes, 14 assisted living units and 25 skilled... Read more
- CBRE Secures Acquisition Financing For HJ Sims/Voralto Living PurchaseThe CBRE National Senior Housing team arranged acquisition financing for a North Texas assisted living/memory care community. A joint venture between HJ Sims and Voralto Living was the buyer, obtaining a four-year, floating-rate loan with 24 months of interest only from a national bank. Featuring 60 units, the community was... Read more