Founded in 1935, HJ Sims is a leading national underwriter of tax-exempt bonds for senior housing and long-term care providers. Sims underwrote the first tax-exempt long-term care bond issue in the United States in 1965 and has since provided more than $15 billion in bond and bank financings to senior living providers.
HJ Sims In The News
- CBRE Secures Acquisition Financing For HJ Sims/Voralto Living PurchaseThe CBRE National Senior Housing team arranged acquisition financing for a North Texas assisted living/memory care community. A joint venture between HJ Sims and Voralto Living was the buyer, obtaining a four-year, floating-rate loan with 24 months of interest only from a national bank. Featuring 60 units, the community was... Read more
- HJ Sims Expands Its Investment Banking TeamHJ Sims announced a major expansion to its Investment Banking Team, adding two senior bankers and opening new offices in the Midwest and on the West Coast. Lynn Daly joined the firm as Executive Vice President in the new Chicago location, bringing over 30 years of experience working... Read more
- HJ Sims Secures Bond Financing for Tennessee CCRCA new life plan community (or continuing care retirement community, as we still call them) is going up in Collierville, Tennessee (Memphis MSA) thanks to a large $219.25 million bond placement arranged by HJ Sims. Situated on 36 acres with 176 independent living apartments, 63 independent living garden... Read more
- HJ Sims Closes Financing for Connecticut SNFHJ Sims headed back to familiar territory, arranging a refinance for a client it has been working with since 1988. On behalf of The Mary Wade Home, a skilled nursing/assisted living facility that also offers adult day care, physical rehab and transportation services in New Haven, Connecticut, the... Read more
- HJ Sims Heads to Hawaii for Latest FinancingTwo skilled nursing facilities in Hawaii refinanced their debt and lowered their interest rate by about 60% in a transaction led by HJ Sims. The facilities, both located in Honolulu, consisted of 92 beds and 75 beds, respectively. Before this refinancing, they were collateralized with a single, high-interest... Read more