Established in 1985, Healthpeak Properties is a self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Long Beach, California, with offices in Chicago, Nashville and San Francisco. Healthpeak Properties acquires, develops, leases, sells and manages healthcare real estate and provides mortgages and other financing to healthcare providers. Its portfolio includes investments in the following healthcare segments: senior housing; life science; medical office; hospital; and skilled nursing.
Healthpeak Properties In The News
- Healthpeak Sells Louisville Senior Living CommunityHealthpeak Properties is selling one of its Atria Senior Living-operated communities to a regional owner/operator acquiring its first Kentucky property. Located in Louisville, where Atria is headquartered, this community was developed in 2001 and features 203 units of independent living, assisted living and memory care. Ownership has changed over... Read more
- HealthPeak, Welltower, Ventas and Others Report This WeekIn the next 48 hours, six companies will report second quarter earnings. While it won’t be pretty, you have to think long term. Earnings season is here, and I am afraid it will not be very pretty. Unfortunately, it has not been pretty for a while, but we... Read more
- Healthpeak Properties’ Florida Sale Handled By NewmarkNewmark Knight Frank has closed another seniors housing sale in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis, representing Healthpeak Properties in its sale of a community in Lantana, Florida. Originally built in 1986, the property features 173 total units, with 115 for independent living and 58 for assisted living residents. Occupancy... Read more
- Early Signs of COVID-19 In Several REIT Earnings ReportsSeveral publicly traded seniors housing and care companies released their first earnings reports after the COVID-19 crisis, and while most of the results showed signs of the virus’ effect, the worst is most likely yet to come. As a consequence of that, each company pulled their 2020 guidance,... Read more
- Ventas Preparing For WorstThere is no way to mince words. When it comes to valuation, Ventas is a shadow of its former self. After being worth more than $20 billion, its market cap has dropped to just $7.8 billion. This compares with Welltower ($15.8 billion) and Healthpeak Properties ($11.8 billion). So much for... Read more