Berkadia is one of the largest providers of third-party commercial mortgage servicing options in the US. Berkadia offers access to a broad selection of commercial real estate financial services and has a team of experts with an average of 25 years of experience. The company is a leading approved vender for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA. Their mortgage banking team has wide-ranging experience in multi-family, retail, office, industrial, seniors housing, student housing, and manufactured housing communities.
Berkadia In The News
- Berkadia’s HUD BonanzaBerkadia’s Seniors Housing & Healthcare Group has been hard at work with HUD deals so far this summer, with over $50 million in closings in June and July. The transactions were all closed for skilled nursing clients in three states across the country. Jay Healy and Bianca Andujo... Read more
- Berkadia Closes Three Financings for SNF ClientsBerkadia announced a series of loan closings last month totaling $57.2 million. There were four HUD financings, including three loans totaling $26.2 million closed for a portfolio of three skilled nursing facilities in Washington. Jay Healy arranged the financing for a Washington-based owner/operator, which used the proceeds to... Read more
- Inland Private Capital Corporation Makes First Seniors Housing AcquisitionAs part of its larger disposition/restructuring strategy, Capital Senior Living Corporation announced in its third quarter earnings report that it sold two non-core independent living communities in Peoria, Illinois and Springfield, Missouri, generating some healthy proceeds in the process. The communities sold for a combined $64.75 million, or... Read more
- Long-Time Lessee Acquires SNF PortfolioTo say that the buyer of a portfolio of nine skilled nursing facilities located across the eastern United States was familiar with the properties may be an understatement. That is because the Tennessee-based operator has leased the buildings since 2004 and finally jumped on the opportunity to purchase... Read more
- Busy Berkadia Closes Two TransactionsBerkadia has been busy this August, closing the sale of one senior living community and arranging financing for the development of another one. Joe Leon and Michael Thagard handled the sale, which featured a 310-unit independent living community in Westminster, California. The seller was the Zinn Group, controlled... Read more