Brookdale Senior Living Inc. is the leading operator of senior living communities throughout the United States and manages independent living, assisted living, memory care, and continuing care retirement communities.
Brookdale Senior Living In The News
- Brookdale’s Census Continues To TumbleAlthough not unexpected, occupancy levels at Brookdale Senior Living have continued to decline, much like the rest of the industry. But with Brookdale, occupancy at the end of December had tumbled to 71.5%, a 160-basis point decline from the end of November. This was the worst month-to-month decline... Read more
- Will Brookdale Sell Its Home Health Business?Rumors were afloat this week that Brookdale Senior Living might be running a sales process for its home health and hospice business. Quietly, it became one of the largest home health providers in the country, with revenues of $447 million in 2019, inclusive of hospice and a very small therapy... Read more
- Occupancy at Brookdale Senior Living SlidesIn a sign of the times, tough times, Brookdale Senior Living just announced its November occupancy results, and the numbers are sobering. Average occupancy for the month was 72.8%, a drop of 100 basis points from October, which was double the October drop of “just” 50 basis points. That is... Read more
- Brookdale Senior Living ReportsBrookdale Senior Living reported first quarter earnings and operating results that, in some respects, were better than some investors may have expected. The problem is that everyone is expecting the worst as COVID-19 deaths keep on increasing. The reality, however, is that this pandemic really had little or... Read more
- Avoiding The MAC Clause?Last week, we were surprised to hear that a few companies quickly drew down on their revolving lines of credit. In the case of Ventas, the amount was $2.75 billion and they withdrew 2020 earnings guidance as well. For Brookdale Senior Living, they did a full drawdown of an unspecified... Read more