Fannie Mae was chartered by U.S. Congress in 1938 to provide a reliable source of affordable mortgage financing across the country. Today, their mission continues to provide a stable source of liquidity to support low- and moderate-income mortgage borrowers and renters. One of the ways they do this is by enabling greater access to affordable home and rental housing finance in all markets and at all times.
We neither originate mortgage loans nor lend money directly to borrowers. As a leading source of financing for mortgages in the United States, Fannie Mae purchases mortgages from lenders and helps facilitate the flow of capital into the housing market by issuing and guaranteeing mortgage-related securities. Our work helps to promote the 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage—a mainstay of the U.S. mortgage financing market.
Street: 1100 15th St NW
Zip Code: 20005 Phone Number: (800) 232-6643
Fannie Mae in the News
- M&T Realty Closes Chicagoland RefinanceM&T Realty Capital Corporation provided a $15.145 million Fannie Mae loan to refinance an 80-unit active adult community in St. Charles, Illinois (Chicago MSA). Steven Muth and Matthew Pipitone led the financing for M&T, while Eric Johnson of Ziegler arranged the deal. The loan came with a 10-year term and a fixed interest... Read more
- Lument Arranges Fannie Mae RefinanceLument recently arranged a $28 million refinance through Fannie Mae for a 105-unit independent living/assisted living community in Solana Beach, California (San Diego MSA). The loan features a 10-year term, five-years of interest only and a 30-year amortization. Plus, the borrowers, Senior Resource Group and its equity partner Collins Development Company, were able to... Read more
- Keybank Secures Fannie Mae Refinance For Five CommunitiesKeyBank Real Estate Capital secured Fannie Mae financing for a portfolio of five seniors housing communities in several states operated by Enlivant. The long-term, non-recourse debt was secured by Charlie Shoop at an attractive interest rate. Plus, KeyBank’s Tim Sylvain, Paul Di Vito and Patrick Gilbreath originated and structured a balance sheet... Read more
- HealthPeak Sells 10 Aegis Living CommunitiesHealthPeak Properties continues its exit from the seniors housing business, both its sale/leaseback portfolio as well as its RIDEA assets. In a large transaction, HealthPeak has sold 10 assisted living and memory care communities to its tenant, Aegis Living, which partnered with Blue Moon Capital Partners in the deal. The purchase price for the real... Read more
- Greystone Arranges Two Agency FinancingsFred Levine of Greystone arranged a HUD refinance for a skilled nursing facility in Cortlandt, New York. Built in 1984 and featuring 127 beds in 96 units, the facility offers both short- and long-term rehabilitation, along with physician services and complex medical care. Offered therapies include occupational, physical, cardiac, speech, post-surgical orthopedic care,... Read more