Five Star Senior Living is a national healthcare and senior living services provider, including independent living and congregate care communities, assisted living communities, and nursing homes throughout the United States.
Five Star Senior Living in the News
- Diversified Healthcare Trust Divests Two Managed CommunitiesDiversified Healthcare Trust (DHC) divested a couple of its SHOP assets, both located in Mississippi and operated by Five Star Senior Living under the Hermitage Gardens name. Built around 2000 and renovated in 2005, the properties include a 57-unit assisted living community in Oxford and a 59-unit AL... Read more
- REITs Start To Cut DividendsThe healthcare Real Estate Investment Trusts have been the hardest hit in our sector during the recent stock market plunge. Many are worried about their own liquidity and drew down on their credit facilities, even if they didn’t need the funds now. Some just went and raised new... Read more
- Five Star Senior Living SoarsShares of Five Star Senior Living have soared by more than 60% this year, leaving everyone guessing. Right after all the restructuring was completed at year end between Five Star Senior Living and its landlord, now recently re-named Diversified Healthcare Trust, Five Star’s shares have taken off. Two... Read more
- New Year, New Name for Senior Housing Properties TrustWhile we were all up celebrating the New Year this past Wednesday, Senior Housing Properties Trust was kissing goodbye to its name, officially changing it to Diversified Healthcare Trust effective January 1, 2020. The company is still listed for trading on the NASDAQ but under the new ticker... Read more
- Newmark Closes Out 2019 With A BangWe told you that the folks at Newmark Knight Frank were going to have a big year end, and in the days just before Christmas they closed four transactions worth about $550 million in total. Not a bad way to end the year, and we hope they are... Read more