Five Star Senior Living is a national healthcare and senior living services provider, including independent living and congregate care communities, assisted living communities, and nursing homes throughout the United States.
Five Star Senior Living in the News
- August Acquisition Volume Light, But ConsistentCan we call it a comeback when the seniors housing and care M&A market surpassed 20 deals in August? We recorded 21 publicly announced transactions in the month, which is the highest total since April when 22 deals were disclosed. Since April, there have been 20 deals announced... Read more
- Diversified Healthcare Trust Divests Two Managed CommunitiesDiversified Healthcare Trust (DHC) divested a couple of its SHOP assets, both located in Mississippi and operated by Five Star Senior Living under the Hermitage Gardens name. Built around 2000 and renovated in 2005, the properties include a 57-unit assisted living community in Oxford and a 59-unit AL... Read more
- REITs Start To Cut DividendsThe healthcare Real Estate Investment Trusts have been the hardest hit in our sector during the recent stock market plunge. Many are worried about their own liquidity and drew down on their credit facilities, even if they didn’t need the funds now. Some just went and raised new... Read more
- Five Star Senior Living SoarsShares of Five Star Senior Living have soared by more than 60% this year, leaving everyone guessing. Right after all the restructuring was completed at year end between Five Star Senior Living and its landlord, now recently re-named Diversified Healthcare Trust, Five Star’s shares have taken off. Two... Read more
- New Year, New Name for Senior Housing Properties TrustWhile we were all up celebrating the New Year this past Wednesday, Senior Housing Properties Trust was kissing goodbye to its name, officially changing it to Diversified Healthcare Trust effective January 1, 2020. The company is still listed for trading on the NASDAQ but under the new ticker... Read more