Freddie Mac is a stockholder-owned corporation chartered by Congress in 1970 to create a continuous flow of funds to mortgage lenders in support of homeownership and rental housing. The company supports the acquisition, refinance, rehabilitation and construction of apartment communities across America through the following products and services: Seniors housing mortgages including seniors apartments, independent living and assisted living communities.
Freddie Mac In The News
- Lument Arranges Freddie Mac RefinanceLument’s seniors housing and healthcare team closed a Freddie Mac refinance of a seniors housing community in Papillon, Nebraska. Set on the 44-acre Hillcrest Country Estates senior care campus, which provides the full continuum of care, the community in question features 102 independent living and 60 assisted living/memory care units. It... Read more
- Walker & Dunlop Announces Georgia Portfolio SaleThe Walker & Dunlop Investment Sales team including Joshua Jandris, Mark Myers, Brett Gardner and Jordyn Berger has closed the sale of an independent living portfolio in the Atlanta, Georgia metro area. Not only that, but Russ Dey of Walker & Dunlop secured acquisition financing through Freddie Mac... Read more
- Fairstead Acquires Naples Senior CommunityFully-integrated real estate firm Fairstead secured several sources of financing to fund its purchase of a 250-unit affordable senior apartment community in Naples, Florida. Chicago-based developer Full Circle Communities sold the 45-year-old community for $59.5 million, or $238,000 per unit. Currently, there are a variety of supportive services including health and wellness... Read more
- Berkadia Refinances Wisconsin Seniors Housing CommunityBerkadia took out bank debt on a seniors housing community in Appleton, Wisconsin with a new Freddie Mac financing. Chris Cain arranged the transaction on behalf of the community’s Oregon-based owner/operator, Touchmark. In operation for around 40 years, the community provides independent living, assisted living and memory care services, which were added... Read more
- Greystone Finances AL/MC Community Through Freddie MacGreystone’s Seniors Housing Capital Markets team recently provided a $27 million Freddie Mac loan to refinance an assisted living/memory care community in the southwestern United States. Featuring 69 units, it is owned by Harbert Seniors Housing Fund I and operated by an experienced seniors housing provider. The loan came with a 10-year... Read more