Established in 1985, Healthpeak Properties is a self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Long Beach, California, with offices in Chicago, Nashville and San Francisco. Healthpeak Properties acquires, develops, leases, sells and manages healthcare real estate and provides mortgages and other financing to healthcare providers. Its portfolio includes investments in the following healthcare segments: senior housing; life science; medical office; hospital; and skilled nursing.
Healthpeak Properties In The News
- Omega Healthcare Investors Buys 24 PropertiesThe fourth quarter earnings season is upon us, and Omega Healthcare Investors announced that it just closed a very significant acquisition. The REIT purchased 24 senior living communities for $510 million, or $199,840 per unit, from Healthpeak Properties. The acquisition included the assumption of an in-place master lease with Brookdale Senior Living for the... Read more
- HealthPeak Sells 10 Aegis Living CommunitiesHealthPeak Properties continues its exit from the seniors housing business, both its sale/leaseback portfolio as well as its RIDEA assets. In a large transaction, HealthPeak has sold 10 assisted living and memory care communities to its tenant, Aegis Living, which partnered with Blue Moon Capital Partners in the deal. The purchase price for the real... Read more
- CCRCs Outperforming The MarketJust like in the skilled nursing industry, every 10 years or so there seems to be a movement that predicts the end of the CCRC market (or LPC for the not-for-profits). They claim that CCRCs are a dying breed, an old-style model, and no one wants to put... Read more
- Healthpeak Properties Heading Out of Seniors HousingHealthpeak Properties jolted the senior care industry when it announced it is in the process of unloading its entire seniors housing RIDEA portfolio (135 communities with 15,992 units) as well as its triple net lease portfolio (62 communities with 5,848 units). So far, $1.5 billion of assets are under binding... Read more
- Healthpeak Sells Louisville Senior Living CommunityHealthpeak Properties is selling one of its Atria Senior Living-operated communities to a regional owner/operator acquiring its first Kentucky property. Located in Louisville, where Atria is headquartered, this community was developed in 2001 and features 203 units of independent living, assisted living and memory care. Ownership has changed over... Read more