National Health Investors, Inc. (NHI) is a real estate investment trust that specializes in the purchase and leaseback of health care real estate and in making of mortgage loans to health care operators.
National Health Investors, Inc. In The News
- Senior Care SoarsWhat happened on November 9 was a bit of a shock, but in a good way. Senior care and REIT stocks soared after a year of forgettable foibles. The reason? Pfizer’s announcement that its COVID-19 vaccine was more than 90% effective, and that it could be available very soon,... Read more
- National Health Investors Acquires Wisconsin Assisted Living CommunityTen months after refinancing a 43-unit assisted living/memory care community in Bellevue, Wisconsin, National Health Investors executed on a purchase option for the property. Opened in 2019, the community was operated by 41 Management through its affiliate Matthews Senior Living. Not long after the community opened, NHI provided... Read more
- National Health Investors Provides Occupancy and Rent UpdateWe appreciate any transparency from companies and how they are dealing with impact from COVID-19. As such, National Health Investors provided an update for its latest rent collection and occupancy results. The REIT collected 96.6% of contractual rent in September, which improved on the 95.3% success rate announced... Read more
- National Health Investors Beats the OddsSometimes the regular, tried and true sale/leaseback arrangements that used to be the mainstay of REIT financing still work. Just ask National Health Investors (NHI). After reading some of the depressing second quarter earnings releases, some more than others, it was a bit refreshing to see that NHI reported an... Read more
- National Health Investors Secures Big Bank FinancingUtilizing its bank relationships, National Health Investors boosted its liquidity with a $100 million term loan provided by a syndicate of eight banks. The one-year loan came with an interest rate of 30-day LIBOR + 1.85%, with a 0.50% floor. NHI also has the right to extend the maturity date... Read more