National Health Investors, Inc. (NHI) is a real estate investment trust that specializes in the purchase and leaseback of health care real estate and in making of mortgage loans to health care operators.
National Health Investors, Inc. In The News
- Senior Care Stocks Stay High After Vaccine NewsAfter Pfizer’s vaccine announcement on November 9, pretty much every publicly traded senior care provider and REIT saw their share prices jump significantly. We believe that much of the exuberance was mainly from the removal of uncertainty surrounding both the vaccine and the election, but as we said earlier this... Read more
- Benchmark Senior Living Acquires New Hampshire Seacoast Senior LivingBenchmark Senior Living added to its Northeast portfolio with the acquisition of an assisted living community that has been in operation in Rye, New Hampshire for over 20 years. The property last sold in 2017, when EvoLve Senior Living acquired it for $12 million, or $300,000 per unit, with the... Read more
- Senior Care SoarsWhat happened on November 9 was a bit of a shock, but in a good way. Senior care and REIT stocks soared after a year of forgettable foibles. The reason? Pfizer’s announcement that its COVID-19 vaccine was more than 90% effective, and that it could be available very soon,... Read more
- National Health Investors Acquires Wisconsin Assisted Living CommunityTen months after refinancing a 43-unit assisted living/memory care community in Bellevue, Wisconsin, National Health Investors executed on a purchase option for the property. Opened in 2019, the community was operated by 41 Management through its affiliate Matthews Senior Living. Not long after the community opened, NHI provided... Read more
- National Health Investors Provides Occupancy and Rent UpdateWe appreciate any transparency from companies and how they are dealing with impact from COVID-19. As such, National Health Investors provided an update for its latest rent collection and occupancy results. The REIT collected 96.6% of contractual rent in September, which improved on the 95.3% success rate announced... Read more