National Health Investors, Inc. (NHI) is a real estate investment trust that specializes in the purchase and leaseback of health care real estate and in making of mortgage loans to health care operators.
National Health Investors, Inc. In The News
- Seniors Housing Occupancy Slides Further, But SlowerWell, it shouldn’t have surprised anyone, but occupancy levels for stabilized independent living and assisted living continued their drop in the month of May, according to NIC MAP. Across the country’s 31 largest metropolitan areas, assisted living properties first fell by 170 basis points from 87.8% in March... Read more
- National Health Investors: What Pandemic?It seems that National Health Investors is doing just fine during this pandemic, as are its operators, apparently. The Tennessee-based REIT reported that it has collected 99.7% of its contractual rent in April, 100% in May, and so far, 99.4% in June. That should make shareholders feel pretty good right... Read more
- CCRCs Are Not Dead, and Happy New YearTwo recent CCRC sales prove the point that this market can thrive. You know one of my favorite refrains by now. CCRCs are not dead. And two recent transactions prove my point. At the end of December, David Reis and his Senior Care Development, together with their equity... Read more
- NHI Grows Its Colorado PortfolioNational Health Investors has added another property to its growing portfolio. Paying $7.6 million, or $149,000 per unit (including $100,000 of closing costs), the REIT acquired a 51-unit assisted living community in Pueblo, Colorado. Built in 1997 with an addition in 2008, the community was 96% occupied at... Read more
- NHI Expands Relationship with Senior Living CommunitiesSenior Living Communities (SLC) secured financing from National Health Investors to purchase and renovate a 248-unit CCRC in Columbia, South Carolina, bringing the REIT’s relationship with SLC to 11 properties with either a long-term lease or a mortgage loan. The $35 million, or $141,100 per unit, purchase price... Read more