NIC’s mission is clearly focused on providing decision-makers with timely, practical data — the hard facts and intricate details essential for efficient flow of capital to all points all the continuum of seniors housing and long term care product types. Importantly, NIC serves the entire industry as an objective purveyor of information: NIC’s research and educational efforts are neither association-driven nor company-oriented. And, as an impartial observer and unbiased source, NIC has become the primary link between the financial markets and seniors housing development/operators, connecting each side through relevant research and practical information.
National Investment Center for the Seniors Housing & Care Industry
- Average Occupancy Falls To (Yet Another) New LowMost of us saw it coming, but the seniors housing industry hit new occupancy lows in the fourth quarter of 2020, according to new data from NIC MAP. The sector experienced a drop of 130 basis points from the third quarter average of 82.0% to 80.7%, based on... Read more
- Seniors Housing Occupancy Hits A New LowNIC wrapped up its virtual conference this week, and it’s safe to say that those in attendance got a good education on what it’s like to close a deal during the pandemic, to operate communities safely and successfully, and (hopefully) when business will be back to normal. At... Read more
- The Virtual NICThis year’s NIC Conference will certainly be different, but let’s make the most of the digital social experience. As you can see, I am not Steve. Ben Swett here, filling in while Steve is out of the office. Next week is the start of the first virtual NIC... Read more
- Average Assisted Living Occupancy Falls To New LowThe latest occupancy numbers from NIC are in and hit another low that the industry will be spending months and probably years to rebound from. Perhaps most notably, in the three months ending in August, the assisted living market fell below an average of 80% occupancy for the... Read more
- Good Occupancy News From NICThere was some good news on the occupancy front, according the data just released from NIC MAP, but the assisted living sector isn’t out of the woods yet. Sequentially, seniors housing (including independent living and assisted living) saw a 30-basis point increase in occupancy to 88.0% for properties... Read more