CareTrust REIT, Inc. is a publicly-traded real estate investment company engaged in the acquisition, ownership and leasing of seniors housing and healthcare-related properties. In 2014 CareTrust was spun out of The Ensign Group, one of the country’s premier post-acute care and seniors housing providers.
CareTrust REIT In The News
- CareTrust REIT Acquires AgainOn the back of its purchase of four CCRCs in California last week, CareTrust REIT jumped back in the buyer pool to acquire a 150-bed skilled nursing facility in Santa Barbara. In the off-market transaction, CareTrust also retained the operator, California-based Covenant Care, under an assumed long-term lease. That brings CareTrust and Covenant’s relationship to eight facilities. The... Read more
- Two REITs Close Couple of LoansA couple of REITs in good financial shape (and still open to making new investments) announced a couple of loans closed for senior care facilities. CareTrust REIT completed a $15 million secured mezzanine loan for Next Healthcare’s acquisition of a nine-property skilled nursing portfolio with approximately 1,000 beds in Virginia.... Read more
- CareTrust REIT Adds Skilled Nursing PortfolioThe skilled nursing portfolio deals keep on coming, this time from a familiar source. CareTrust REIT announced its acquisition of four skilled nursing facilities in Texas, around the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. Totaling 554 skilled nursing beds and 24 assisted living beds, they are currently leased to operating affiliates of... Read more
- Walker & Dunlop Arranges Montana SNF SaleWalker & Dunlop announced its involvement in the sale of two skilled nursing facilities in Montana to CareTrust REIT. We recently covered the transaction, which represented CareTrust’s first since the pandemic began earlier this year. The facilities include Apple Rehab Cooney, an 80-bed facility located on the campus of the St. Peter’s Health Regional Medical... Read more
- CareTrust REIT Adds Two Montana SNFsOne of the more consistently active acquirers in the skilled nursing market is back. CareTrust REIT just made its first post-COVID acquisitions for two skilled nursing facilities in Montana. The off-market transaction consisted of Apple Rehab Cooney, an 80-bed facility located on the campus of the St. Peter’s Health Regional... Read more